Spectrum Charter School of Monroeville is announcing that they are organizing a recycling collection event for broken, outdated and unwanted small electronics. This is a free community service open to the residential and business community as part of Spectrum Charters School’s 20th Anniversary.
Charter School is the first autism specific charter school in the United States.
Their curriculum embraces community service as an integral part of the
student’s education as well as teaching environmental literacy through lessons
in Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
that will be accepted for recycling include: Cell Phones, Desktop Computers,
Laptop Computers, Tablets and Notebooks, Circuit Boards, Hard Drives, Modems
and Routers, Game Systems, Cable Boxes, Servers & Switches, Networking
Equipment and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS with battery).
off for all items will be accepted at the Monroeville Public Library located on
the Gateway School Campus – 400 Gateway Drive beginning On October 21 –
November 9. Recyclable items will also
be accepted at the Monroeville Lion’s Club Farmer’s Market on November 2 and
November 9 from 9 a.m. – noon.
All recycling of items will be in
compliance and conformance of recycling regulatory standards and managed
through West Penn Recycling of Delmont.
For more information about this
event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectrum Charter School
is a tuition-free, public charter school located on Northern Pike n
Monroeville. The school is structured to
meet the needs of students who do not learn well in traditional classroom
settings due to cognitive, communication, and sensory challenges; including
students with autism spectrum disorders.
mission: Since 1999 we have been providing school-to-work transition
instruction in the classroom, on-site business, and community-based work sites
for students aged 13-21.
School is a 501-(c)(3) organization and is affiliated with:
- PA Coalition of Charter Schools, Greater Pittsburgh Non-Profit Organization, ABOARDS’s Autism Connection, Autism Society of Pittsburgh, Green Building Alliance, PA Green Schools, National Wildlife Federation; Eco Schools USA, Duquesne Light Watt Choices “Community Education Energy Efficiency Program”
- Spectrum Charter School’s building has successfully earned the Energy Star Certification for the past consecutive 5 years.
- Spectrum Charter School is a recipient of the prestigious Green Flag Award. The Green Flag Award recognizes schools that are creating healthy and sustainable learning environments and teaching to environmental literacy. The National Wildlife Foundation EcoSchools USA program presented the award to students and faculty members during an October 28, 2015 ceremony. Spectrum Charter School is one of three schools in all of Pennsylvania to receive this national environment award.
- 2015 Recipient of the SW Pennsylvania Sustainable Small Business Certificate of Recognition from Sustainable Pittsburgh.
- Healthy Schools Pennsylvania High Honor Roll 2015, 2016, 2018 & 2018
- Earned a Allegheny County Live Well School designation – May 2017